Why hello there and welcome to another quick So-You-Want-To, this time i’ll extend on my former post on modifying the generation of standard and custom (as in: added by mods) ores in Minecraft. The mod i’ll be using goes by the name of Custom Ore Generation and can be found on the MC forums.
Here’s how it goes:
- Download the mod
- Drop the zip-file into Your \mods\ folder
- Start minecraft to generate a settings file in \config\CustomOreGen_Config.xml
- Quit minecraft and modify the above file to Your needs
- Start minecraft and have fun.
- Download a custom made config file incorporating support for Vanilla, RedPower2, Forestry, IndustrialCraft2 and ThaumCraft ores. Created by me
- Drop it into Your \config\ folder
Have a look at how the ore will be redistributed according to the configuration file:
Of course, the ore’s will be generated underneath the surface unlike shown in the above pictures Now go and have fun finding more ore !