Why the heck is WordPress so inviting for people to leave comment spam ? Guess it has to do with the way it works. As the recent influx of comments have all been VERY unproductive and spammy: all comments deleted and switched to COMMENTS MODERATED – at least for the time being…
Why hello there and welcome to another quick So-You-Want-To, this time i’ll extend on my former post on modifying the generation of standard and custom (as in: added by mods) ores in Minecraft. The mod i’ll be using goes by the name of Custom Ore Generation and can be found on the MC forums.
Here’s how it goes:
- Download the mod
- Drop the zip-file into Your \mods\ folder
- Start minecraft to generate a settings file in \config\CustomOreGen_Config.xml
- Quit minecraft and modify the above file to Your needs
- Start minecraft and have fun.
- Download a custom made config file incorporating support for Vanilla, RedPower2, Forestry, IndustrialCraft2 and ThaumCraft ores. Created by me
- Drop it into Your \config\ folder
Have a look at how the ore will be redistributed according to the configuration file:
Of course, the ore’s will be generated underneath the surface unlike shown in the above pictures Now go and have fun finding more ore !
today i’ll tap into creating Your own mod-pack containing all the plugins/mods included with Tekkit and then some. As we are all waiting for the good stuff to update to Minecraft 1.3.x this post will still focus on Minecraft 1.2.5.
As a base for Your own modpack i suggest reading through the excellent guide provied by Direwolf20 who for his recent Season 4 Let’s Play rolled his own modpack.
Some of the the mod’s he used in his LP have been updated recently and thus some block-id conflicts arise as new blocks and items have been added in the newer mod-releases. Take for instance the link portal which is a new block in MystCraft v0.9.1.02.
So while i was waiting for MC 1.3.x i rolled my own SSP only modpack with the following mods:
To install into /bin/minecraft.jar:
- CodeChickenCore-Client 0.5.5
- NotEnoughItems-Client 188.8.131.52
- Sparrow110 Client
To drop into the /mods/ folder:
- PortalGun (extracted as a folder)
- AdvancedMachinesClient v1.5
- EnderStorage-Client 1.1.5
- Laser Mod 1.5
- NEI_ForestryPlugin 184.108.40.206
- NEI_RailCraftPlugin 220.127.116.11
- NEI_RedPowerPlugin 1.3
- NEI_ThaumcraftPlugin 18.104.22.168
- Steves Carts 1.5.1
- TransformersClient v1.3
- WR-CBE Addons-Client 22.214.171.124
- WR-CBE Core-Client 126.96.36.199
- WR-CBE RedPower-Client 188.8.131.52
For an added bonus You can use my 16x Tekkit 3.1.2 texture pack which includes the Sphax textures for most of the above mods, MystCraft and ThaumCraft being notable exceptions.
Now go on, toy with it and have fun playing until all the Minecraft 1.3.x mods are ready
today it’s gonna be a real quick So You Want To: as i just wanted to share my updated 16x (16*16px) Tekkit addon for Sphax’s excellent texture pack. Took a while but all new things from Tekkit 3.1.2 should be covered now. Please comment if You find something missing ! And especially… have fun !
From the 16x Rework readMe.txt included with the archive:
This is a 16x Tekkit 3.1.2 texture pack addon for the Sphax 16x texture pack.
Tekkit mod textures were downscaled from various 32x, 64x and 128x pack sources.
Thanks to: Sphax, HanFox, pcmaster160, ecsport108, Timmie3054, FuzzyPurp and
SPARKST3R of BDCraft.net addon texture artistry fame.
Permission to use their work was granted: http://bdcraft.net/forum/16x-tekkit-3x
* Download the "Sphax PureBDcraft 16x16" pack for MC 1.2.5
* Integrate this pack into the genuine Sphax 16x pack
* Select and use the merged pack in Tekkit
REM = removed | ADD = added | REP = replaced | FIX = fixed
08/15 - v0.8 Fly Titanium
REP - complete rework of pack with most recent sprites for Tekkit v3.1.2
ADD - ChunkLoader sprites
ADD - MFFS sprites
08/10 - v0.7 Grub Mercury
FIX - missing RailCraft, IC2 NuclearControl, IronChests sprites
08/08 - v0.6 Cockroach Brass
REP - ComputerCraft sprites, now v1.41 (larger turtle GUI)
07/28 - v0.5 Butterfly Silver
REP - Forestry v184.108.40.206 (from 32x)
REP - Balkon's WeaponMod (from 128x)
07/26 - v0.5 Mosquito Platinum
ADD - Forestry v220.127.116.11
07/24 - v0.3 Maggot Nickel
ADD - CraftingTableIII (compatibility with Tekkit 3.0.x)
ADD - Balkon's WeaponMod
07/23 - v0.1 Snail Aluminium
REM - CraftingTableIII (not part of Tekkit 3.1.1)
REM - Forestry
REM - MoCreatures
REM - ThaumCraft
REM - eqex folder (textures now in ee folder)
CodeNames by http://www.codenamegenerator.com/
The pack can be downloaded here !
So You Want To: Replace ComputerCraft shipped in Tekkit with the new CC 1.4.1 release so You can play with the all new turtle mechanics ? Here’s how!
- Download the Bukkit server mod here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9423887/ComputerCraft/ComputerCraftBukkit1.41.zip and the server plugin here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9423887/ComputerCraft/CCPlugin.jar
- Download the CC141 client mod here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hdngqjluuy3a98c
- Copy the ComputerCraftBukkit1.41.zip to Your servers \mods\ folder and the CCPlugin.jar to Your servers \plugins\ folder. On the client copy ComputerCraft1.41.zip to Your games \tekkit\mods\ folder. Make sure You delete the computercraft folder in both Your server and client mods folders to remove the old CC version!
- Delete the files mod_CCTurtle.cfg and mod_ComputerCraft.cfg from Your \config\ folders both on the server and the client.
- Run Your server and client once to generate the new mod config files — note that server and client will crash with block-id conflict errors !
- Fix the Block-ID conflict with Railcraft by editing the file \config\mod_CCTurtle.cfg on both Your server and client like so (i changed it so turtles don’t need fuel as well):
- Optional: If You use a replacement texturepack You need to delete the computercraft texture \gui\turtle.png as the new turtles have more inventory space !
That’s all folks ! Now go and play with the all new ComputerCraft 1.4.1 stuff ! Some of the changes in v1.4.1 have already been documented in the CC Wiki so if You have question feel free to head there !
Thanks to Cloudy who created the port to Bukkit and shared it on MCPortCentral !
Another SYWT, today it’s time for some Forestry!
Since the removal of the Forestry Mod from Tekkit version 3.0.3 a lot of people have been looking for a way to reinclude the mod into Tekkit. Here is how to add Forestry version 18.104.22.168 to Tekkit version 3.1.1:
- Download the Bukkit server mod here: https://d186ocprvpb7jc.cloudfront.net/mods/forestry-22.214.171.124-mcpc1.2.5.zip and the client mod here: http://bit.ly/Q9Hz9V
- Add a zzz_ to the name of both files so they look like zzz_forestry-126.96.36.199-mcpc1.2.5.zip
- Copy the server archive to your servers \mods\ folder and the client to your games \tekkit\mods\ folder.
- Remove the Forestry stub files from Equivalent Exchange: Open the EE2ClientV188.8.131.52.jar using 7-Zip or a similar archiver thats able to manipulate .jar files and delete the forestry folder in that .jar archive. On the server the forestry folder needs to be removed from EE2ServerV184.108.40.206-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5.zip too !
- Edit the line mill=4095 in \tekkit\config\forestry\base.conf to mill=4094 to resolve a block-id conflict with the newly added immibis chunkloader block. Make sure You also edit Your servers \config\forestry\base.conf file with the above change !
- Optional: If You dont like to have the twice-than-usual amount of copper-ore and tin-ore generated in Your world You can disable Forestry’s tin/copper generation by editing the line world.generate.copper=true and world.generate.tin=true in Your Forestry base.conf files (client AND server) to both say false.
- Optional: If You’d like to see the Forestry item and block recipes in NotEnoughItems download the NEI plugin here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53845448/NEI_ForestryPlugin%220.127.116.11.zip and copy it to Your \tekkit\mods\ folder. This needs to be done on the client only.
DONE Now go and have fun in Tekkit + Forestry and read up on all the things the mod has to offer on the official Forestry Wiki !
I hope this SYWT was easy to follow and everything worked out smoothly for You. For reference, most of the information in here was gathered from a thread in the Tekkit forums and through my own experimentation. Feel free to comment if You want to add anything useful to this SYWT !
Here goes another installment of So You Want To: !
Today i’ll talk about how to view the distribution of ore in Your worlds. If You followed the guide i posted in my last SYWT i’m sure You’ll have a use to “see underground”. Of course without resorting to any in-game x-ray hacks !
- Download the archive from the ApocalypTech Site
- Extract to a folder of Your choice
- If You’re on vanilla minecraft start minecraft_xray.exe
- If You want to see ores and stones added by Tekkit download and extract my modified config files to Your %APPDATA%\.minecraft_xray folder. I’ve added definitions and textures (by Sphax) for ore, stones and rubber-tree blocks introduced by IC2, RP2, NetherOres and Forestry. Those files will work with the Tekkit 3.1.x release
- Configure X-Ray the way You want. Press (Y) for a keyboard reference, (`) to choose which blocks to put on the highlight hotbuttons (F1)-(F10).
- Download the archive from the Minecraft Forums
- Extract to a folder of Your choice
- If You’re on vanilla minecraft start eihort.exe
- If You want to see ores and stones added by Tekkit download and extract my modified config files to the folder eihort.exe is in. Overwrite if asked. I’ve added definitions and textures (by Sphax) for ore and stones introduced by IC2 and RP2 but could not get Forestry ore’s to correctly show up. Those files will work with the Tekkit 3.1.x release.
- To highlight Tekkit ores click “Extra Options“. Change block lighting by pressing (L)
- If You want to open a specific world-file start eihort like so: “eihort.exe path\to\folder-of-the-world-level.dat“
Needless to say: This can be used for Singleplayer saved worlds as well as worlds on Your server eliminating any reasons to NOT block any ZombeMod or other in-game XRay tool